Leopard disc keeps ejecting from my 13" Macbook. Why?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Briankeith82, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Briankeith82 macrumors newbie

Briankeith82

I just bought the leopard disc to install on my brother's macbook 13" and the disc loads and prompts me to restart, but when it goes to restart the disc ejects and nothing happens. I meet all of the requirements for install and i am pretty sure the disc is fine. Any suggestions of what to do?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

this is a retail copy?

you could try holding option down on boot so it shows up as a bootable volume, might work - might not.

3. Briankeith82 thread starter macrumors newbie

Briankeith82

Yes, it is a retail copy. I bought it off a friend who said there were 1 or 2 uses left on the disc. I am assuming if it were installed on the max number of computers, it would have told me?

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

there are no max installs tied to the retail copies.
    the only discs you'd have problems with are the machine specific ones that are tied to certain models. its not a grey disc is it?

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Make sure the disk is not smudged or scratched. If the MB is ejecting without mounting it, it's because it can't be read. Try another DVD (like a movie or sumpin') to distinguish between a flaky disk or a dodgy SuperDrive.

6. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Is the Leopard dvd an early version - purchased around launch last year ?

Is the MacBook a 3,1 or later (Santa Rosa/Penryn) model = less than a year old ?

Can't think of any other reason it would not work other than damaged disk....