leopard disk not mounting for install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by hotshotharry, Nov 9, 2007.

1. hotshotharry macrumors 6502

Just wondering if anyone has heard what the problem was with the leopard disks that weren't readable on some systems. I have one machine that wont mount the disk but was able to install through an external usb dvd drive.

lol i haven't had the patience to wait on the phone! Seems they are really busy these last few days! :)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Was it a retail version of the disc or did it come with a new machine? What machine(s) isn't it mounting on?

3. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

How much RAM does the mac have? If there isn't enough the DVD will just spin.

4. hotshotharry thread starter macrumors 6502

i ordered it from apple on the release day so retail version!? it wouldnt mount on the macbook but did on the macbook pro as well as the imac all of which are less than a year old ! :)

There was talk of bad drives, bad disks etc. just wondered if there was a common problem, i really dont want to have to take the macbook in to get fixed ! lol

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Weird. Maybe try installing it on the MacBook via one of the other machines using Target Disk Mode. Can the MacBook boot from its Tiger restore disc? :)