Leopard family pack. quick question...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by will0407, Oct 21, 2007.

1. will0407 macrumors 6502a

My brother and I are both at Uni. Are we allowed to purchase a family pack as we both have the same 'home' address (we are in separate houses at uni, but obviously we go back to the same home during holidays etc) I have a Macbook and an imac, he has a MBP, and there is also another imac at home, so a family pack would be far cheaper for all of us.

Would it be ok to buy it?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You are covered by the Family Pack license only if both you and your brother live on-campus. I quote from the Apple web page:

"By “household” we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home, or condominium, including student members who are primary residents of that household but reside at a separate on-campus location."

3. FDX macrumors regular

I would think if your legal residence is listed at home and not the University then a family pack wold be fine. But thats just how I see it.

"By “household” we mean a person or persons who share the same housing unit such as a home, apartment, mobile home, or condominium, including student members who are primary residents of that household but reside at a separate on-campus location."

4. will0407 thread starter macrumors 6502a

When it says on campus, does that mean basically a uni student? I don't live on campus as I'm a 2nd year and didnt want to stay in halls so I'm living in a house woth mates, but my billing address etc is still my home address

5. parafish13 macrumors member

That's perfectly ethical in my book. I'm in the same situation as you and see no problem with being a family member using the "family" pack.

6. BreederCreature macrumors member

BreederCreature

If 5 of my friends got together and bought a family pack, could we all install it on our respective macbooks? We don't live together, go to the same schools, or work off the same network.

I'm just wondering if this in an honor system type thing or if one person installing it would end up prevent the rest of us from installing it.

Thanks!

7. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I agree, this is perfectly legit in my book, congrats, I'm looking forward to leopard myself! :)