Leopard Finder sidebar icon size

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jbarley, Sep 14, 2016.

1. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

For one reason or another I cannot seem to find where I can change the icon size in OS X Leopard Finder sidebar.

2. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

General under System Preferences?

3. jbarley thread starter macrumors 68030

jbarley

Except for the fact that my Leopard install seems to not have a "General" icon.
    Can anyone verify that Leopard 10.5.8 should in fact have a General icon in System Preferences?
    From what I can glean from Google, that General icon may have appeared in Lion and later.

Picture 1.JPG

4. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I don't have a leopard machine handy, but does right click > show view options work on leopard?

Edit: I guess you are referring to the sidebar where this wouldn't work, sorry.

5. 128keaton macrumors 68020

128keaton

Try appearance?

6. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

The General pane, which showed up in earlier versions of OS X (and possibly some newer ones) is pretty much exactly the same thing as Appearance. But that doesn't really matter because you can't change the size of the icons in the Finder sidebar. They always stay that size. If you want to change the size of the icons in a Finder window or on your desktop, go to the Finder and click "Show View Options" under the "View" menu. Now there will be a slider to change the icon size.

7. jbarley thread starter macrumors 68030

jbarley

Beg to differ...
    The newer Versions of OS X all let you change the sidebar icon size, this is what set me to questioning the lack of this feature in 10.5.
    Here is my Yosemite preference panel.
    Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 1.00.05 PM.png

8. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

I never knew this feature existed. So, I just looked through all of the settings on my PowerMac G5 and I couldn't find it, so I assume it doesn't exist in the older version. Sorry about that. :(