Leopard Finder throws wanted files into trash...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Brendon Bauer, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Brendon Bauer macrumors 6502

Sometimes when I'm working with files on an external hard drive, and I delete something using the Command+Delete key, it moves way more stuff than it should to the trash. This has happened twice so far. If you hit the key and hold it for a split second too long, it moves the file you wanted to delete into the trash as well as the parent directory in my case. What makes matters worse is that it removes the folder heirarchy so all my files are in one big pile in the trash and I have no idea where they came from! And I can't do an "undo move to trash" because I don't notice it until I open my trash and theres a list of 100+ files waiting to be deleted that I never said to delete. Is this a bug in Leopard? I sure hope so. Very scary and very very irritating.

2. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

well... you can use Time Machine ... :p

(sorry for not being helpfull)

3. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

4. Brendon Bauer thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not like I'm going to stop using Leopard lol... I just think that this is silly. You can accidently delete alot of stuff very quickly :). I hardly even tap it for that long. Just odd that it does this in Leopard but not in Tiger... I just have to be super duper careful when deleting stuff lol. I don't have an ext hd for TM yet :(

5. Brendon Bauer thread starter macrumors 6502

How does option clicking send something to the trash... do you mean right click and move to trash?

6. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

option click is the same thing as right click (if you have it enabled).
    then select send to trash from the menu

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

:rolleyes: No it's not. Control-click is the same as right click. You don't have to enable it either, it's been around for years.

jW