Leopard + Flash = Text Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by stoid, Oct 27, 2007.

1. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I regularly play Scrabulous (Scrabble) on Facebook and after upgrading via Erase and Install, the text renders really weird. Is anyone else having a problem like this? I haven't noticed it in any other Flash app though. Any ideas? Thanks!

BK

Attached Files:

2. stoid thread starter macrumors 601

stoid

Just to be certain, I downloaded and installed the latest Flash Player from Adobe's website, but the problem persists.

3. 9numbernine9 macrumors newbie

I'm having the exact same problem - however, I did a clean install when I installed Leopard. Anyone have any ideas??

4. 9numbernine9 macrumors newbie

5. jpfisher macrumors regular

Hey guys, I was having the same problem with Scrabulous, and I tried to install the update to the Flash player. I keep getting an error message during the install -- this is on 10.5.1 btw:

Error creating file.
    1008:5,-5000 Access Denied Error

(Click OK)

Next dialog:

You do not have enough access privileges for this installation.

I have already run a Disk Utility repair permissions on my hard drive, still getting the error, and am logged in with my administrator account.

Any ideas?

6. jpfisher macrumors regular

The solution to the problem I had in the above message, in case anyone else runs into it --

Open Directory Utility, enable the root user account (under "edit"), set a root password
    Log out of OS X
    Log in with "Other" and enter root as the user and the password you set for the root account
    Run the installer

Enjoy....