Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakaj

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2006
Hi,

my Leopard forgets stuff like default browser, e-mail client, rss reader, firewall rules, little snitch rules, ... on every reboot!

I'm using FileValut btw.

I suspect something isn't ok with the shutdown procedure. After closing all the apps, logging me out, doing the "releasing free space" (FileVault), the system still stays in the "shutdown mode" for a minute or so.

The circular progress bar will spin on the middle of the screen, somewhere on two thirds from the top, and is drawn on top of the finished "releasing free space" window. I suspect this is the progress bar that is displayed when the GUI server is already terminated.

During that time my MacBook is pretty much idle (HD is silent, vents are off), so I think it attempts to do something and fails with a timeout. The console reveals nothing really interesting (at least not to me).

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any ideas?

Does your Mac also take some time after logging out (especially FileVault users), like I described? I don't remember it doing this in Tiger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.