Leopard Freezing on 24" AL iMac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by texas2001, Oct 26, 2007.

1. texas2001 macrumors newbie

Backedup my Tiger install and did a format/reinstall to Leopard. During the intro movie I got my first freeze. After a hard reset all is fine after the second play of the intro movie.

I i copy over my saved WoW folder and start it up. Instant freeze. No way around it. Freezing on Time Machine, and random websites as well.

I've reverted back to Tiger (did not install the 1.1 update) and no freezes.

Blizzard support says the same video drivers exist in Leopard as in Tiger which means buggy. Sure wish Apple would release the fixed video drivers they said they were working on. Same issues of freezing in Leopard are being reported on Apple Discussions too. Too bad.

2. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

Unfortunately, I expected this was going to happen. You will find 2 or 3 posts about this in the iMac section of this forum. And there are even more reports on Apples own discussion forums.

But a fix is imminent! Apparently... I'll believe it when I see it myself, but im keeping my fingers crossed. As my iMac does this too. It is not quite as touchy as yours mind, but does it none the less.