Leopard, Front Row, Movies don't show for streaming

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CmdrLaForge, Nov 25, 2007.

1. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Hello,

I have a little problem with Front Row. On my main Mac I have an external firewire drive attached on which I have ripped DVDs and movies. I create aliases for those in my movie folder. When I start Front Row they do show under movies and I can play them. Thats great.

Now - I would like to stream those to my notebook running as well Leopard but here they don't show.

Therefore my question: is there a possibility to stream movies that are not in iTunes (and cannot be because they are in VideoTS/AudioTS folders) but in the movie folder from one Mac to another Mac or maybe even AppleTV ?

Would be great if anybody knows that.

Cheers
    LaForge

2. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

The share menu is in iTunes and it shares your iTunes library for streaming. I think the frontrow streaming basically follows the rules of :apple:TV as they share the exact same interface. I am not positive but I doubt it will stream VideoTS/AudioTS DVD data or else we could stream DVDs to :apple:TVs which would be rather cool.

3. CmdrLaForge thread starter macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Yes - it would be cool. But maybe you are right and it just doesn't work. It does work in Front Row on the same Mac - you can just put folders with VideoTS/AudioTS in there and if you put a jpg called Preview.jpg it does show up in FrontRow.