Leopard Front Row

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RichardJohn, Oct 24, 2007.

1. RichardJohn macrumors member

Is there going to be a new version of Front Row in Leopard?

The one in Tiger is frankly rubbish compared to Windows Media Centre.

2. MrMoore macrumors 6502

Yes, there will be a new version. Leopard's version of FrontRow will match the look of AppleTV's menu appearance.

:)

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

Oh goodie, I was wondering the same thing!

4. MBX macrumors 65816

i think the new frontrow (à la apple-tv) is ugly. the rectangular glow around the selection seems rushed and not nice design-wise.

frontrow in tiger imho is prettier and more sleek. and especially not as cluttered.

5. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

In Front Row in Leopard GM. Is the transition still a boring fade to black?

6. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

The Media Center version has some nice features that are better than Front Row. Front Row does not have the TV tuner and Tivo functionality. I also like how Internet TV content can be downloaded so it feels like you are using regular TV. It is one step past what Apple TV does with YouTube. Microsoft really should communicate what Media Center does better. It has features that never get discussed anywhere.

Media Center's huge disadvantage is that you can't have H.264 recorded TV shows and no iTunes support. It works best in a Microsoft only home with Zunes, Xbox 360, and Windows file formats.

7. RichardJohn thread starter macrumors member

I hope you can view photos without using a slideshow!

8. mashinhead macrumors 68020

i don't like front row in tiger because navigation is a pain. First when you go back in a menu you don't start from where you left off. so you have to always repeatdly scroll through all your music to get to where you were before. A total waste of time. When you are looking in a playlist you can sort which category you are searching under to make it easier and faster to find what you want. It always comes up as songs, i can't browse with artist or album. And second to ease this pain, they don't let you choose things by letter, which i never understood. this is the same problem the ipod had until it took they just adjusted it. Don't they understand how much media people have?

9. joebells macrumors 6502

I'm surprised no one has hacked frontrow to put a guide and such in it to record tv shows and play back live tv and tv shows. I know they've hacked the appletv to do it using mythtv but something that fit in nicer would be, well, nice

10. MrMoore macrumors 6502

From what I have read, it still is the fade to black. :(

11. dr_lha macrumors 68000

Hooray for the removal of pointless eye candy! :D

12. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I'm looking for that feature as well. I thought maybe I was missing something and just didn't know how to do it.

13. billabong macrumors 6502

I love my AppleTV so I'm excited about this update to front row... It's like getting another AppleTV!