Leopard gave frontrow to everyone (G4 867+), here's a remote for it for under $10!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shu82, Nov 30, 2007.

1. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

After I upgraded to leopard I noticed that it installed front row in my MDD and g4 PB, even though they weren't built with that functionality. You hit cmd+esc to get it up. I found a usb remote that does the same things that the original apple remote does for old g4 and g5s.

And its $9.50 shipped:D.

I bought 1 as a tester and it comes with a battery. I just plugged it in hit menu and it pops right up! I just bought 4 more yesterday for Christmas presents.

Linky:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Keyspan-RF-Remote-Front-Row-Control-For-Mac-ER-RF1_W0QQitemZ160185789949QQihZ006QQcategoryZ25446QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2. eji macrumors 6502

eji

These Keyspan IR remotes look good.. and cheap. But also see my post about the ATI Remote Wonder. It works via radio, so it can go through walls, unlike IR. And you can program it to work with any app and perform any key combo or shortcut. To me, the extra functionality makes it worth a couple of extra dollars.

3. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I use the Salling Clicker software and my Bluetooth phone for Frontrow and much more.

4. shu82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shu82

Thats cool. I wish you could use an ipod touch. That would be perfect. But for $10 I gave the keyspan a try. There is just too much possibilities with the iphone and touch when it comes to RCing your mac. If that ever becomes an easy pe-installed feature I will pounce.