Leopard graphical glitch with MacBook SR

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xmacbook, Nov 14, 2007.

1. xmacbook macrumors newbie

Hi,

I've just bought a MacBook Santa Rosa and I've found a strange behavior with Leopard. If I quickly scroll a webpage with Safari or change app with cmd+tab there's the last horizontal line of pixels to the right of the 3d dock which becomes white and flashes. It happens only with the 3d dock visible, not with the 2d dock. I'd like to know if other people have this bug.

Don't know if it's a leopard bug, or a macbook hardware fault...

Thank you!

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Computer config in my sig have no problems like your mentioning (either of them)

3. xmacbook thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Psicotec macrumors newbie

I own a MBP SR 2.2 which doesn't have this problem.
    Edit: With Leopard, of course.

5. smadder macrumors member

I'm not having that issue... I have an entirely different one :(

Anyone notice that the dock's "genie" effect (and it's other choice: scale) is "hiccuping" when the image is shrinking and expanding from the dock? I have a full 4GB RAM and the 7k200 hitachi, so it's not that... And no, it's not a critical function, but It didn't do this w/ TIger... DO you think it's Leopard or hardware? I REALLY hope it's Leopard and that 10.5.1 will help.

6. GrooveMachine macrumors newbie

Hey, I've been having that same issue--the way that I have to fix it is to open up Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities) and repair my disk permissions. I've run some other scripts to try to fix it, but nothing seems to work. I actually had to boot up using my Leopard Install CD once, and reinstall using it. It seems that you can avoid that by repairing your disk permissions BEFORE restarting, though. I understand your frustration here, and I too hope that Apple releases a fix in 10.5.2.

By the way, I'm on an Intel iMac, so it shouldn't be your hardware. The glitch seems to be caused by unexpected application failure or force-quitting.

Thanks

-GrooveMachine