Leopard Graphics Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tmp0404, Feb 13, 2008.

1. tmp0404 macrumors member

Good evening all,

I'm trying to get the graphics update to install. I tried using software update and I get the checksum error, having the same problem after downloading it from the download page.

I've done a disk repair, I deleted Leopard graphics update from the library update folder. I also tried downloading it with Safari and Firefox, either way, I get a corrupt download. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Amdahl macrumors 65816

I have seen these things over the years; it is either true, or it is a problem on your system. Try getting the download from another physical location, bring it to your computer, and see what happens.

If you have the dmg/downloadable version, you can compare it to mine.
    The md5 of the Leopard Graphic Update dmg is:

MD5 (LeopardGraphicsUpdate1.0.dmg) = 10eb0083e5000762f923ce4d207608ca

3. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Keep trying. Every once in a while, either in 's site, or software update it will say its corrupted. Happened, it just came out, apple's server's are working, try every once in a while, it will eventually work.

4. elmo151 Guest

+1
    give it another try or three

5. tmp0404 thread starter macrumors member

Leopard Graphics Update

All,

Thanks for your comments, I'll try software update again tonight, although I must mention that I tried it so many times last night that it was quite frustrating.

For a while I thought that doing the download via my wireless connection might be causing the problem, so I tried using a wired connection to no avail. I guess what is really frustrating is that it takes a while to download the file only to find out that it is corrupted. I thought this software update process was supposed to be easy. I should mention that it took me numerous tries to get the 10.5.2 update.

Just a question for you experts, from a success perspective, which is more reliable, software update or downloading the file, just curious if anyone cares to comment.

6. tmp0404 thread starter macrumors member

Leopard Graphics Update

So after way too many software update and direct download attempts, downloading the king kong bundy combo update, booting the Mac from the CD and doing a disk repair and disk repair permissions, resetting the PRAM and then trying a couple of more times, software update finally did work.

Again, just an extremely frustrating process to do a darn software update, and I'm not really sure if all of the things I did above helped resolve the problem.:mad:

There's got to be a better way.