Leopard Graphite Bug (update)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bluedoggiant, Dec 2, 2007.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

in leopard, when you put the appearance to Graphite, and in any application, click on the desktop, the application will obviously gray out, when it greys out, and the appearance is graphite, in the "+" circle, the top is darkened, check out the attachment for an example.

UPDATE, i found a new bug, there is a pic about it a couple posts below, so right now, 2 leopard graphite bugs

Attached Files:

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

its really small, see how on the top of the "+" circle, its darkened as in bold

4. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

interesting..does the same for me but it's barely noticeable unless you're looking for it

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Ok now i see it

There is a slight difference between blue and grey.

Picture 3.png
    Picture 4.png

When posted like that it is clear to see.

6. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

ehh, no, not really, well for me no, or else i wouldnt have noticed it, its clear, as in as clear as this, and its really bugging me

try using graphite if it isnt what you use, and after a while, you will notice it, and it will become very clear, and annoying

i am reporting this to apple

7. ryanmcd02 macrumors member

I don't think it is really a "bug" though, it is just a matter of how colors are converted to b&w whereas in graphite there is not a conversion when you click on desktop. The shading necessary to make green appear correct in color makes it appear incorrect on grayscale, possibly.

You know what the circles do and where they are though.

8. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

maybe not desktop, app, if, i click out of the app, its like that, i think its a bug, and there is a conversion, normally, its grey, when you click out of the app, it turns into the whitish color, all three of them do, but the third one ("+"), has this bolded area on top

9. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

reported

i reported the issue, they even had a section about interface issues, lets see if the next software update fixes this, or maybe they'll get back to me (RARE). so the only thing we can do is sit, and wait...meanwhile playing with our fancy macs:rolleyes:

10. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

another bug

here is a new bug that i found while in the help center, and ONLY in the help center, as you know, the icons in the help center i very small, guess what i found, and this time, its VERY CLEAR, you cant miss it, check out the attachment

look at the middle button, the minimize one

Attached Files:

11. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

12. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

um, in what way?

13. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Now that i notice those things i get frustrated whenever i see them.....:mad:

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

15. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

they are really dragging my attention, like when the inactive window has the + box have a shade on the top, very noticeable, annoying me, and found out that the help center's - button has a dark circle around it, VERY ANNOYING, but i dont go into help center that much

16. eluk macrumors 6502a

eluk

17. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

I prefer graphite instead of the colored buttons. I have viewed your bug problem and do not see this on my iMac. I cannot enlarge your second bug from your attachment, but I can not see that bug either!

I do see that the top shadows on all of my buttons tend to not be all the same values form left to right, but it is so slight, I do not see how this would affect anyones working habits or abilities! Or be that bothersome to anyone!

18. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

when the window is inactive, the + circle has the top darkened. in the help center, the - button has a dark shade AROUND it, look closely, once you notice it, its very clear, and annoying