Leopard- HELP with View Options.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jason2811, Dec 15, 2007.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Okay I just switched to Leopard from Tiger a few days ago. The one that that has really been bugging me is that there is no way to set view options for specific folders. I like having each of my main folders set up in a different type of view. I like the Applications folder to be in icon view, the Documents folder to be in column view, the Music folder to be in list view, and the Pictures folder to be in icon view. In Tiger, when you right-clicked and went to "Show View Options," there was a little box that you could check that said "Only for this folder" and now in Leopard it's gone. This is so frustrating because I want to view each folder differently and there is no way to. The only work around is click the stupid "Only open in [name of current view] view", when it should have a list of all the possible views that you want to open that specific folder in. If any one can help me with this or understands waht I'm saying then I would really appreciate it.

Also, is there anyway that when I am in icon view to have the icon be an image of the file format rather than an image of the movie clip. For example, a movie to show the blue Quicktime "Q" instead of what is going on in the movie? Thanks.

2. jason2811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

i have a similar finder set up to you. i have my docs, downloads, movies, pictures always open in coverflow and everything else open in list view. The option is still there is show view options. the way you do it change the view of the folder how you want it and open view options and tick "always open in …".

to make movies have quicktime icons again in view options untick "show icon preview". IMHO icon previews are great and its one of the the many features i looked forward to when upgrading from Tiger to Leopard.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I love the icon view too, especially for PDF's and Pages docs but I think the OP wants to hide the movie preview icons to hide PRON.:D