Leopard hotkeys?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MBX, Oct 29, 2007.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

anybody has a full list of leopard hotkeys/ combos?

rightnow i'm looking for how to close a finder window with a key (instead of doing it with the mouse-cursor).

thanks in advance

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

3. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

And I'll just chime in and add that an Option-Command-W closes all windows. ;)

4. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

5. meagain macrumors 68030

I'd love to be able to print out only certain sections of this - but there's no Print Select. Before I die, I'll learn the secret as to why Apple refuses to allow this.

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Print Service Selection is your friend.

7. meagain macrumors 68030

X - Yes, I used to have one of those (with an ongoing issue with grabbing the header AND body of an email)..... The 1.0 seems old but there's a 1.1 that states it's OK with Leopard. But I've this weird inability to download apps. I downloaded the installer pkg and run it. It appears like it worked from the menu screen but it doesn't install anywhere. I'm having a hell of a time with Leopard all the way around.

Well, I guess it did install as it's now under 'services' but nothing prints. Wow.
    Hey - If I get this to work, do you know of any handy-dandy easily accessible button I can make for my dock or upper right bar, etc?

8. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Sorry for the old link (where abouts is this 1.1 version), on my system i had to log out before it worked.

You can specify a keyboard shortcut for it. System Preferences - Keyboard & Mouse - Keyboard Shortcuts- + button. Then Application "All Applications", Menu Title "Print Selection", Keyboard Shortcut "Whatever you want" try not to clash with another one.

9. meagain macrumors 68030

Thanks - I posted over there for help to get it working. Doesn't show up in apps folder either.

10. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Posted over where? (bit lost)

It is nested deep inside the system files can't remember eactly where but it'll be somewhere like /System/Library/Servieces or User/System/Library/Servieces. But i tried that before and it doesn't run as a stand alone app from the dock.