Leopard: How's it going to be announced?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kbrain2929, Sep 23, 2007.

1. kbrain2929 macrumors regular

kbrain2929

So... it's getting close to October. How do you think Leopard is going to be offically announced? Another special event? If so, won't that make it the most "keynoted" year in Apple history? What do you think? :apple:

Edit: Could this possibly be connected somehow to the rumors of updates to the notebook lineup in OCTOBER? hmmm... ;)

2. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

Yeah, I imagine they'll want it running on some new hardware. But nothing too "out-there" eg some that would take attention away from the new OS.

It'll be another special event.

3. kbrain2929 thread starter macrumors regular

kbrain2929

As Steve would say... whoo! :apple:

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

5. kbrain2929 thread starter macrumors regular

kbrain2929

I don't know about that one... I would think they would want the usual crowd at the keynote, so I would think Mascone (sp?) Center in SF, or maybe town halll at the loop.:apple:

6. kbrain2929 thread starter macrumors regular

kbrain2929

Another thing that just came to mind is that there is always some kind of special event in October. Just thought about that. Hmmm, starting to make sense now. :apple:

7. MacVault macrumors 65816

Leopard will be announced on Dell.com and will now be officially supported on generic x86 hardware :D

Oh wait.. I just woke up and... Steve Jobs is a control freak :mad:

8. kbrain2929 thread starter macrumors regular

kbrain2929

AHHH!!! DELL!!! :eek: :eek: :D I know... I'm weird like that. :apple:

9. giganten macrumors 6502a

I guess on 4 or 9 October for Leopard. And I hope they make some updates on the hardware like the MP.

10. kbrain2929 thread starter macrumors regular

kbrain2929

Amen! Amen! :D :apple:

11. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

No way. It isn't even Gold yet, and once it does, it usually takes 2 weeks to hit the stores. That means it should be gold master now. Not possible. It'll be the very end of October, if they even get it out then.

12. kbrain2929 thread starter macrumors regular

kbrain2929

I don't know. I disagree. I think this last seed was almost perfect. Very few bugs, and it is worthy of distibutation (sp? :D) Of course, there will be updates. I'm sure probably the day it comes out! I just think Apple is a bit more pushing than that. It'll be ready! :apple:

13. tsvb macrumors 6502

OS X on generic x86 hardware would be a terrible idea.

14. kbrain2929 thread starter macrumors regular

kbrain2929

I could see a riot outside of Apple headquaters and Steve's house. That would be bad! :apple:

15. overcast macrumors 6502a

What do you think it's running on now? Magical pixy dust x86 hardware?

16. kbrain2929 thread starter macrumors regular

kbrain2929

:rolleyes: :D :apple:

17. MacVault macrumors 65816

By saying that you are saying that it is a terrible idea for OS X users to have hardware choice :mad:

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yesterday I was driving in beautiful weather to have a leisurely lunch with someone and to admire the woodland signs of autumn heading our way. Playing jazz through an iPod on the car radio... suddenly, the coming crunch to get Leopard OUT THE DOOR crossed my mind and I flashed back to times when looming software rollout dates were on my group's plate.

It's a time like no other, really. Exhilarating, exhausting, a tough slog through expected pressures with the occasional total surprise thrown in... all those moments when you are really proud, really enraged, really drowning in bit-bucket details or at last surfing on that high of seeing something WORK properly. Going home when it's finally over, hoping you didn't miss something, or at least not something monstrous. Trying to sleep with a buzzed brain, grainy eyes and that delicious feeling of all your muscles and bones collapsing in a heap on a bed you're pretty sure you don't have to get out of for at least ten hours.

Anyway I am so impresssed by the Apple OS, version after version. So yesterday I ended up thinking for awhile about the teams trying to dot the spots on Leopard, and I'm holding a good thought for them all right through the moment I take the shrinkwrap off my copy!

19. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Although they fixed a number of bugs, I find this seed to be very unstable. Quite a number of times the dock disappears for 10 - 15 minutes, the machine becomes sluggish and non-responsive ... then comes back to life. Its not thrashing, there is plenty of free memory. Mail.app crashes a lot as well.

Safari works very well now, much better then before.

20. LMO macrumors member

Windows offers hardware choice, and issues with drivers and compatibility have consumed millions of developer-hours. Still, stability suffers and bloat sets in.

It's the Charles Emerson Winchester theory: support a limited number of platforms and do it very well.

21. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Maybe not terrible for the consumer, but terrible for Apple.
    Say bye bye to the profitable Apple hardware sales... etc... software sales won't make enough.. etc....

This has been discussed so many times.

22. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

I really hope it's in early October, but I doubt it will be. I can't wait any longer. :(

23. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

There should be a countdown on the website very soon.