Leopard iChat Problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mbl42, Oct 26, 2007.

1. mbl42 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys..finished installing Leopard (archive and install) and launched up iChat. I entered my AIM SN and pwd and it proceeded to log me in like normal. Once it logged me in, my buddy list came up, but it showed all my contacts offline and I wasn't able to IM them. I wasn't able to add or edit buddies or anything of the sort either. What the hell. Any ideas? I tried deleting the .plist files in my library and trying iChat again but no luck. :confused:

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

3. mbl42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Try it on a different account? or try it with a different AIM account?

5. mbl42 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't think that would get me anywhere. This account works fine in Adium. It is iChat that's screwed up.

6. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

The new iChat won't connect to my Jabber server any more, just getting 'The server has unexpectedly disconnected' which is annoying. Also the option to automatically accept self-signed certs has disappeared.

7. Blink7551 macrumors member

I am having this EXACT problem. I installed Leopard and all my buddies are "greyed" out. Adium works fine. I have a MBP Intel Core Duo. Anyone have a solution?

8. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Maybe you had it setup as .mac instead in the setup screen. IMO. I might be wrong

9. tmeyer2000 macrumors newbie

No text

The problem I am having is that when you type a message it shows up at the destination, but the bubble in the local client is not updated.

Adium works, and iChat is at v4. OS is 10.5.1

10. chris.niziolek macrumors member

Try deleting iChat, and reinstalling it off the Leopard install DVD. I have not tried this, but its an idea.