leopard icons

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by skd, Dec 3, 2007.

1. skd macrumors 6502

I installed leopard over the weekend and some of the applications still have the customized icons from tiger - and sense candybar doesn't work in leopard - how do I revert the icons back to the originals?
    thnx

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Copy the icon you want to use, open up the Get Info window of the application, click on the con in the upper left corner once and press :apple: + V on your keyboard. Should work.

3. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Also, Candybar now works in Leopard. They released an update a few days ago.

4. skd thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks......how do you get the original icon for an application?

5. skd thread starter macrumors 6502

also, I opened candybar and it says that it checked for updates and that it doesn't support 10.5.1 - do I have to buy candybar again?

6. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

To go back to the original icon in finder, get info on the app, select the little icon at the top and press delete.

Also, here is a link to the new version of CandyBar 3
    If you didn't purchase your previous version of candybar after October 1st, you do have to pay an upgrade fee.

7. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

ya i paid for candybar not too long ago, but not in time for the free upgrade. all you get is a $5 discount, which still ends up costin about $25.

but i must admit, if you do the trial, it is quite an upgrade they made and may be worth the money.

8. skd thread starter macrumors 6502

"To go back to the original icon in finder, get info on the app, select the little icon at the top and press delete"

this action didn't work for me to go back to the original icon for iPhoto -
    do I have to unlock something?

thnx

9. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

What method did you use to change it in the first place? If you changed it with candybar in the first place you may have to restore it from candybar.

10. skd thread starter macrumors 6502

I had originally changed the icon in Tiger with candybar.......then I installed Leopard - my version of candybar did not work with Leopard........when I installed Leopard all the other icons went back to their original icon - except iPhoto........will I have to buy the new version of candybar to get the iPhoto to get back to the original?

thnx