Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nemanjan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
I have a problem, I installed iDeneb Leopard 10.5.4. the HP 550 laptop, the installation completed perfectly, lift the system without any problems but at the beginning when you need to set, country, region, keyboard and the file transfer everything goes great, but always returns to the beginning again to choose a country, region ... Is someone had the same problem and if you let me know how to help resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

Skweeky

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2008
I had a similar looping problem to this using iDeneb, but it was during the "Do not transfer my information now” point.

The first post in the Discussion section at http://zint-blog.org/?p=177 helped me get passed it. basically is convinces the installer that the install is complete.

It worked for me.

nemanjan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2009
I have a problem, I installed iDeneb Leopard 10.5.4. the HP 550 laptop, the installation completed perfectly, lift the system without any problems but at the beginning when you need to set, country, region, keyboard and the file transfer everything goes great, but always returns to the beginning again to choose a country, region ... Is someone had the same problem and if you let me know how to help resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance!

1. Press F8 when you see the Darwin boot screen.

2. As a boot option you write (to get in single user mode):
CODE
-s

3. When your computer is done loading and you are at the root, you enter this:
CODE
/sbin/fsck -fy

4. You should get the message "Rows system was modified." (I personaly didn't get this message, just a message that my Leopard partition was fine)

5. Now we mount the partition, otherwise we can't make modifications in the rows system. So you enter (MIND THE SPACE BETWEEN uw AND /!!!):
CODE
/sbin/mount -uw /

6. Now choose a password for your root account. So you type:
CODE
passwd root

7. Now you have to enter your password, 2 times. You don't see anything happen when you enter your password, but it'll work.

8.Now we are going to tell Mac OSX that the configuration is completed. So you enter (where NAME! is the name of the partition you installed OS X86 on, if you don't remember, you can press TAB to see the possible options (This didn't really work for me, I named my partition Leopard, but I didn't see Leopard when I pressed TAB, just a looooong list of words):
CODE
touch /Volumes/NAME!/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

9. And that was everything. Lets see if it works, enter:
CODE
reboot

10. Login with the name "root" and your choosen password (case sensitive).

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Remember, you don't want to be root for normal use. So go to Users in System Preferences. Make a user, even if you give yourself admin rights, its better than being root.

EnziguriX

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2009
1. Press F8 when you see the Darwin boot screen.

2. As a boot option you write (to get in single user mode):
CODE
-s

3. When your computer is done loading and you are at the root, you enter this:
CODE
/sbin/fsck -fy

4. You should get the message "Rows system was modified." (I personaly didn't get this message, just a message that my Leopard partition was fine)

5. Now we mount the partition, otherwise we can't make modifications in the rows system. So you enter (MIND THE SPACE BETWEEN uw AND /!!!):
CODE
/sbin/mount -uw /

6. Now choose a password for your root account. So you type:
CODE
passwd root

7. Now you have to enter your password, 2 times. You don't see anything happen when you enter your password, but it'll work.

8.Now we are going to tell Mac OSX that the configuration is completed. So you enter (where NAME! is the name of the partition you installed OS X86 on, if you don't remember, you can press TAB to see the possible options (This didn't really work for me, I named my partition Leopard, but I didn't see Leopard when I pressed TAB, just a looooong list of words):
CODE
touch /Volumes/NAME!/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

9. And that was everything. Lets see if it works, enter:
CODE
reboot

10. Login with the name "root" and your choosen password (case sensitive).

I'm having a problem with number eight. I entered the code as shown, except using my partition name 'Leopard', it tells me that there is no such file or directory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.