Leopard + ? Inkjet: A consensus?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Les Kern, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

I currently have an HP 7350 Photosmart printer. Try as it might, it will NOT print under 10.5.1 (actually since 10.4.10) with any HP drivers, and the gimp print solution offered by HP produces garbage. GASP! I am forced to move the pictures to my XP machine!
    I need a good inkjet for photos... I have a color laser so that's not an option here. I have looked online for reviews, but I only see "older" models reviewed. I liked the 8750 with ethernet (I PREFER but don't require that) but on another forum the user had the SAME issue I had with the 7350... so I am hesitant to buy it. I can move to any model or make. I prefer a "better" printer, say over 300 but under 600, with 13x19 capability, but don't require that either.

So who here has some experience they'd like to share? I'd be very grateful for any advice at all.
    Thanks...
    LK

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

I have a Canon Pixma IP5200 for about a year and in my opinion it is an exceptional photo printer. Not sure if Canon still do this model, but they'll probably have something similar.

3. Les Kern thread starter macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Saw those as well. Got a nice rating from CNET, 8-10, and the readers loved it. Also looking at the Deskjet 9800, but Canon is in the running. Thanks.