Leopard Install Customize Options?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Kan-O-Z, May 19, 2008.

1. Kan-O-Z macrumors 6502

I am going to do an Erase and Install on my mac. I have heard a lot of people mention that you can do a customized install and only install what you really need to.

What in your opinion can I 'not install' while doing a custom install? I have heard not installing all the different languages, etc? What else would you recommend? I def don't want some trial programs like MS Office. I have a macbook pro and would like to save some HD space if I can do so. Thanks,

Kan-O-Z

2. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

There are no trial programs :)

You can choose to not install all the language packages, development packages, and X11. Basically, only install the core, that's all you really need. It should be obvious when you choose to customize what you do and don't need

You will probably save 2+ GB

3. TH-Gunner macrumors regular

MSO and iWork are trials... You probably don't want those.

You can probably get rid of Printers, Languages, and that kind of stuff. Just look at the list and see what you don't want to install... That's all.

4. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

Sorry, I was thinking of the regular Leopard and Tiger Install DVDs, I forgot the restore disks had a few trials, my bad

5. Kan-O-Z thread starter macrumors 6502

If it only saves 2 GB or so, I may just do the standard installation. I may actually want the development packages as I wanted to learn to develop on the mac.

Kan-O-Z