Leopard install didn't work, I just want to make sure Tiger's okay (15" Powerbook G4)

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by dwagener, Jul 22, 2008.

1. dwagener macrumors newbie

Hey all, new here, I have a 15" Powerbook G4 running 10.4.11 and I tried to install Leopard today (clean install) after restart and cd loading it brought the screen up to leopard with the space wallpaper and everything but then it said "Leopard can not be installed on this computer" so I shut down by holding down power button (there were no other options & cd wouldn't eject) when it turned back on I eject the CD and it starts up to my old wallpaper and it was back to Tiger again (Wheww!) but when it starts up now, the blinking "?"/Finder Face box blinks like 2x (like it can't find the OS) but it resumes to normal startup, everything is running fine and I was just concerned if I should be worried about this? What are your thoughts?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You should go into System Preferences, and set your Startup Disk

If your computer is up to specs for Leopard, you need to
    - Buy Leopard. The gray disks you borrowed won't work.

3. dwagener thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, I just want to stay on Tiger for now... I've never set the startup disk before what do I have to do?

4. dwagener thread starter macrumors newbie

I got an image of a world when I first started up this morning too :confused: dunno what that means, kinda worried, still starts up fine after that.

Thanks for all the help.