Leopard Install Hangs about 1/3 of the way through.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by neoelectronaut, Jan 15, 2008.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Okay, so I own a 1Ghz G4 eMac. I have too many programs that aren't Leopard compatible for me to just upgrade, so I've decided to install 10.5 onto an external drive so I'll still be able to use it.

I have a 250GB Acomdata drive partitioned into 2 partitions. One is around 20GB and the other 210GB. I'm trying to install Leopard onto the 20GB partition and leave the 210 for backups and whathaveyou.

However, after rebooting and booting from the disc it goes through it's disc verification and whathaveyou and starts installing. It gets about 1/3 of the way through this process, but just stops when it says "About 36 minutes remaining." I let it go an entire night like this a few days ago and when I woke up it was still the same.

Any ideas?

2. zagato27 macrumors 65816

zagato27

Probably not the answer to your problem. I had difficulty installing leopard on a brand new hard drive. It would hang. Finally got a message that the "medium" was corrupt. I took the leopard install disk (original retail version right out of the box) and cleaned it. Loaded and installed with no problems. Maybe you should try it. Cheers