Leopard Install - Harddrive space

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bigdaddymac, Oct 28, 2007.

1. bigdaddymac macrumors regular

Just installed Leopard via upgrade onto our ibook G4. Leopard is working great so far, but our hard drive only shows 2 GB of space left.

I know Leopard takes up a lot of space, but I feel like something may be wrong, like perhaps we have too many Libraries or something.

The only things ever installed on this iBook are - MS Office and about 28GB of music. There are some saved docs and some photos, but very few, no more than 2 GBs, tops.

The Hard Drive installed is 60 GB. Where have our other 30 GBs gone? OK, maybe 10 GB to Leopard. What about the other 20 GB??

FYI - The Hard Drive has Applications, Library, System, Users on the main page. I looked through Applications (no surprises, just the basics, so doubt that's the memory hog), System has a Library, and Users also has a Library.

Does this all sound right? Am I missing something? There shouldn't be 3 Libraries, right? Help anyone??

Thanks as always.

2. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You can use DiskInventoryX to see what is using your HD space or Whatsize. It'll be the easiest way to track down where the space went.