Leopard Install Party!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mojohanna, Oct 27, 2007.

1. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Ok, pops and I picked up our copies of Leopard last night. Pops also felt the need to buy a new machine so he picked up the 2.8 extreme 24" iMac.

Attached are some photos from some fun we were having this morning.
    On the left is my G5 all spiffied up with Leopard. It's running it's first Time Machine back up. Next is my G4 PB, then my dad's new iMac. It came with Tiger so we were upgrading it to Leopard. Finally is my moms Macbook.
    The two laptops and the iMac all are in the middle of the Leopard install.

interestingly, both the imac and the macbook started the install process about 10 min after I started the process on the PB. needless to say, both completed the process and were packed away long before the PB finished the install process.

We were having a laugh at the value of the machines sitting on my desk was greater than that of a couple of brand new Kias.

Attached Files:

2. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

now that's a cool Mac hardware party you have going on on your desk...
    looks awesome:)

3. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

Installing leopard wasn't as festive for me, with my pitiful iMac G5. Got a blue screen after "Upgrading", then had to "Archive & Install" and then had to do a quick fix to recover the finder. After losing many hours of sleep and a little panicking, I finally got it up and running!

Congratulations to you and pops. :D

(p.s. send one of those comps my way!)

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LOL if Kias are now about $1k each yeah you could be right.

That is very cool and glad to know the PB is going to spit the entire way through. Guess it's time I spring for the new Mac before I got to Leopard.

5. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Last I checked, 24'' iMac, a MBP, a PB, and a G5 would be worth more than $1000.