Leopard install problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by C1B, Nov 23, 2008.

1. C1B macrumors newbie

I have installed Leopard on my iMac (upgrade from Tiger) and it appears that it did not install correctly. Aperture 2 that requires Leopard runs OK and "About this Mac" shows OS as 10.5.5 but I cannot configure Time Machine to backup to my Time Capsule. I tried to update Time Machine but when trying to install it says that my Mac HD is running OS 10.3.2. Looking for ideas and a solution.

2. madog macrumors 65816

madog

99% of the problems I've come across with Leopard involve updating an older system, especially 10.3 and below. I once had a similar problem with 10.2, in which after updating, the login screen showed it as being 10.2 as well as the About This Mac info, however, it had Time Machine/BootCamp and everything else related to Leopard installed on it. Actually, that instance was even from a Disk Utility clone, erase, fresh install, restore method which produced the weirdest results I had ever seen.

Pretty much your best bet is to start backing up any personal data you have to an external device, run the installer again, but chose "Erase and Install" just before the install takes place through the "Options" button to perform a clean, fresh install of the OS thus removing the older sys files that conflict with Leopard.

3. bengal85 macrumors regular

bengal85

if you can try to take out the hardrive and then put it bacl in that might reset what ever is causing the problem