Leopard Install w/ Wireless Mighty Mouse

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Has anyone else ran into problems when install Leopard w/ your Wireless Mighty Mouse... I inserted the CD clicked restart, then a screen came up saying to insert batteries and turn on the mouse.. Did that, tried new batteries and it just went to sleep... So I went to my old packaging and grabbed my wired mighty mouse, plugged it in and has been smooth sailing so far, it's installing right now but I'll keep you updated...

billabong

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
No worries it all worked out after that... Just something weird about not detecting the mouse..

mauzenne

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
I had the same issue (on iMac) ... finally got it to work, although not exactly sure how.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2006
San Diego
You simply need to remove then replace the batteries in your MM when the screen pops up. You can then proceed forward with the installation.

oogje

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2002
nyc
You simply need to remove then replace the batteries in your MM when the screen pops up. You can then proceed forward with the installation.
Darn, the install fooled me into inserting a fresh set of batteries although I was pretty sure the ones already in the mouse were still good. Well, I'm thankful the install schematic didn't show a graphic of a person jumping into a creek.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.