Leopard Install..What a Joke

Discussion in 'macOS' started by purdueboiler87, Oct 26, 2007.

1. purdueboiler87 macrumors member

After getting the Blue screen like the thousands of other people, I did an Archive and install. Finally got my MBP to boot but here are my issues:

1. My account no longer has admin privileges. How do I get this fixed?

2. No dock.

3. Expose and all my F keys do nothing. No F12 or F9. Nothing happens.

4. When I go into System Prefs, no ability to do anything with the desktop or screensaver.

I'm sure there are a bunch more problems I haven't even found yet. I never expected to be up at 2am trying to fix my machine. Any ideas?

2. Djmx macrumors 6502

try doing a Clean install ERASE DRIVE and DO A FRESH NEW INSTALL ..that's wut i did wth my MBP.. when i 1st installed it... and u should be fine.

3. chris.niziolek macrumors member

Call AppleCare tonight! I had the problem of my user not having administrative rights so I gave them a call. The tech was able to help me fix that problem and as I was waiting I asked him if there have been a lot of problems tonight. They do have fixes for the blue screen, and the administrator problem. Just call them.

4. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Zee F keys, zey do nothing!

Sorry, I couldn't resist an opening like that. ;)

5. purdueboiler87 thread starter macrumors member

So I went to bed last night aggravated and I wake up my MBP this morning and I have a dock and the function keys seem to work. I decided to reboot to see what happens, and after I rebooted, no dock and no function keys.

Why on earth would it do that?

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

well, give up upgrade idea, back up your data and do a clean install maybe?

OS upgrading is always a pain, especially in Unix based system, I still have my Ubuntu 7.10 copy sitting on my desk, I won't do it until when I have time and backed up all the data. good thing is

Its free.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I had problems with my Powerbook installation but it's working fine now. My iMac and my dads both installed fine too. *shrugs*

8. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

9. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

You probably just had something installed on Tiger that is evil. Just backup and clean install.