Leopard Installation... (Again)....*MacBook*

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by burntwaffle, Jul 8, 2008.

1. burntwaffle macrumors newbie

Okay.. It all started after I was changing my network settings and suddenly froze on me.. So, I of course held down the power button to restart the mac.. When I booted back up, It showed 3 things at the same time.. The Apple icon, The Folder With The Question Mark, And The Cancel Icon (Circle with a line diagnolly). So I looked all over on Google to find a soultion and I found two things.. 1.) Get Another Harddrive. ($500+). 2.) Install Leopard Again..

So it was a no-brainer of what I did, I reinstalled Leopard. I went throuh all off the steps and it installed. (This is when everything gets ugly). It showed the "Please Restart" button. so I clicked it.. I booted back up.. and now all there is is the Apple Logo with the spinning wheel. So I let it continue for I don't know, about an hour. I came back, and it's still there.. I thought maybe it's because the disk is still stuck in there. So then I looked in Your forums and came across the Hold the mouse button during start-up" soultion. And it worked. So i tried booting without the Install DVD. SAME-THING-HAPPENED! And I don't care if it means formatting my hard drive because I'm fine with that.. I just want my mac working again!!

PLEASE HELP!

- Jack

Specs:

Apple (Black) Macbook
    200GB HD (105 Before Crash)
    2.4GHz Intel Core Duo
    2GB Memory

Edit: I tried to put in the Leopard install disc again... and nothing happened.. I'm screwed

2. EC.. macrumors newbie

EC..

Try holding down "c" on your keyboard during startup while the disk is in the computer.

If that doesn't do it...you might be out of options.