Leopard Installation Deleted Programs?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BreederCreature, Nov 29, 2007.

1. BreederCreature macrumors member

BreederCreature

I just bought Leopard and backed-up all my files. I then opted to erase everything on my laptop and install Leopard (I figured that would make it perform the best).

Did I just delete a whole but of programs inadvertently? I can't find Garageband anywhere. I figured it would just install with Leopard. I really need Garageband cause my band is recording this afternoon, so I'm kiiiinda freaked out. I had it before, so I don't see why I shouldn't have it with the new OS. Any help would be awesome.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

iLife apps are not part of Leopard. You'll have to reinstall them from the disks that came with your Mac.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Sounds like you have deleted all your apps... :(

The Archive and Install option is the one you should have chosen. Never hurts to ask here first...

However, you should be able to reinstall the apps from the install disk that came with your Mac using Pacifist.

Or you could just start from scratch again, use your original install disk to do an erase and install, which should put all your apps back on, then do an archive and install from your Leopard disk.

4. BreederCreature thread starter macrumors member

BreederCreature

uuugh this sucks.

i can't remember, but if iLife '06 came pre-installed (which i assume it did since I had Garageband), does that mean I have a disk around somewhere that's just for iLife? Or would it be the OS Tiger install disk that I should look for?

if i need to reinstall Tiger, should I back-up all my files again before hand or no?

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

iLife will be on your install disks, if you put the disk in, you should just be able to reinstall the apps without reinstalling Tiger.

6. BreederCreature thread starter macrumors member

BreederCreature

ooo that'd be perfect!

I found the box my macbook came in, but it was empty :(

Would Tiger be in a box around the same size Leopard? I can't remember how everything was packaged when I bought my macbook...

7. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

No, they should be just in sleeves

8. BreederCreature thread starter macrumors member

BreederCreature

if I bought iLife '08, would that install all the apps I accidently deleted from iLife '06, or would I have to have '06 installed and '08 would then update it?

9. unity macrumors 6502a

Just buy and put in 08 and you are good to go, there is no "upgrade" required.

10. BreederCreature thread starter macrumors member

BreederCreature

whew, alright. I think the only apps I'm missing are from iLife, so I'll be good once I buy that.

Thanks for your help everyone!