Leopard installation sorta BSOD

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by f4irider, Jul 4, 2008.

1. f4irider macrumors newbie

So i have a macbook and i got mac osx leopard. when i attempted to do a clean/fresh install on my macbook, it goes on a black screen and it does some hardware check. Afterwards, it goes on a blue screen and then a gray screen. It didnt seem like it installed the osx cause there would have been a prompt for it. I tried to do this several times and have failed miserably. Im a first time mac user. I got this macbook from a friend and unfortunately, im stuck in Iraq with limited access. what do you guys think the problem might be? please help this newbie out

Leon

2. Matek macrumors 6502a

Is the Leopard an original copy? You should put it in the drive, reboot the machine and hold "alt". That should display the boot options you have, DVD drive being one of them. If this doesn't work, there might be something wrong with either the disc or the machine.

3. khunsanook macrumors 6502

khunsanook

The original launch of Leopard saw more than a few "blue screen" experiences, but generally not with fresh installations, mostly upgrade installations.

For blue screen Leopard probs, Apple has a KB article here.

I'd also suggest a search of the MacRumors forums for threads about blue/grey screens and leopard installations. many folks posted about Leopard installation problems soon after the release of the OS. although a lot of these problems were possibly due to APE.

For instance here, and here

Good luck