Leopard Installation stuck at 1hr 8mins

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Artmuzz, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Artmuzz macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have two partitions on the hard drive of my white MacBook. On the first partition I installed Tiger with no problems but when I install Leopard on the second partition the installation is stuck at 1 hour and 8 minutes remaining and there is no disc activity and all I hear is the CPU fan. It has been stuck for half an hour now:confused: I have never had problems with the Leopard Upgrade DVD before.

Before the Leopard installation I did the DVD consistent test and it appeared fine.

I don't understand why the DVD is stuck.

Please advise

Art

2. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

OK this is doing my head in. I stopped installation and only selected the actual leopard install on customize. Now the install progresses until I get a window appear telling me that "Install Failed" and a message underneath telling me this.....

The Installer could not install some files in "/Volumes/LEOPARD" blah blah blah.....

I used to have Leopard working on my old MacBook before the reformat...now I will just have to use Tiger:(

BTW The DVD is clean and I did a PRAM reset. I also did a repair permissions to no avail:(

Art

3. celticpride678

When installing Leopard, did you allow the disk to check for errors? It sounds like a bad disc. The only choice you have is take it to the Apple Store or get another disc.

4. Artmuzz thread starter macrumors 6502

No worries! I fixed the problem myself.

The problem was that for some reason Leopard would just hang while installing and give me a Install Fail when I used the Tiger disc to partition the hard drive.

My solution was to use the Leopard Upgrade DVD to partition the hard drive then install Leopard on the first partition and Tiger on the secong partition. Now everything works and both Tiger and Leopard are successfully installed:)

Art