Leopard Installer can't see my hard drive

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mduser63, Oct 26, 2007.

1. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Ugh, this is frustrating. I put the Leopard disk in, run the installer, hit restart, the installer starts from the disk, click accept on the user agreement screen, then I get to the "Select a Destination" window. The window where the list of hard drives should be is completely blank. The installer apparently can't see my hard drive. Startup disk running from the installer disk can't see it either. Disk Utility sees the drive itself but doesn't show that it contains a mounted volume, and there doesn't seem to be any option to mount it. I booted back into Tiger (by option-booting) and ran repair permissions, but the problem persists.

Hardware is a 2.0 GHz Core Duo 20" iMac with a stock 250 GB hard drive. I don't have any hardware hooked up to it except keyboard and mouse. I haven't done anything weird to the system either. No haxies, etc. Has anyone else seen this problem? Sort of puts a damper on the fun I was expecting tonight :(...

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

I had the same issue and found the answers on the Apple Support Forum.

Just wait it out! After a few minutes of doing nothing, the installer will magically see your hard drive!

3. mduser63 thread starter macrumors 68040

mduser63

Thanks!!! Waited for 5 minutes or so and it finally showed up. Installing now...:D