Leopard internet share with xbox360

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Stianu89, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Stianu89 macrumors member

Im having some trouble getting the xbox online!

Here is my setup, I have a wireless router, which my mac connects to! It has internet. And i have a cable connected between my mac and my 360.

On all other computers it has worked plug and play, but the xbox wont connect.

Ive searched some forums and found some stuff, but i don't understand much of it.

If anyone have a solution to this i would be greatfull!

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

If the 360 is wireless then follow my directions below.. If not then 360 should able to auto connect thru wired connection...

Do you have your network password protected?

If so then go to network panel on xbox360 and type your password for the network..

3. Stianu89 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah it should but it does not work. It gets a ip adress from my mac, but nothing else happens, i cant log on to xbox live or nothing. Thats what i think is weird. And my network is not passworded.

And it worked when i put a windows computer in the ethernet jack. Went online straight away :p

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Why are you trying to use your Mac to relay the internet to the 360? In general this isn't a good connection for the 360 because of the ports that Xbox Live needs to use.

5. Stianu89 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah temporary! I cant afford the damn xbox360 wireless usb yet....

wireless router -W- mac -C- xbox360

W=wireless
    C=cable

Is it possible?

6. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

First thing I would try is making your Mac the DMZ or Default host in your wireless router's setup. Normally your Xbox would ask your router to use the ports it needs, but this request doesn't go through the Mac to the router, so you need to make sure everything is wide open.

Look in the help section on your router's support page, or tell us what type of router you have, if you need help doing that.

7. Stianu89 thread starter macrumors member

I have a modem which gives out the ip adresses etc! My wireless router just is there :p Its wide open, it doesnt do anything but sending out wireless signals!

Modem = speedtouch510
    Router = Liksys WRT54G

Both with latest firmware etc!

I have connect 360 and it works just fine when i just plug it in! But i want to be able to play on live aswell!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]