Leopard internet sharing and Xbox 360

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dawnraid, Nov 9, 2007.

1. dawnraid macrumors regular

hi there i may look like a n00b but im not! ,i closed down my account a while ago (1300 posts) becuase i was spending to much time here but i had to sign fup again to see if i could fix this problem lol.

anyway im having problems with my xbox 360 and my macbook and being able to go in the same ip range over internet sharing between ethernet and airport.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My network looks like this:

I have a Wireless router to provide wifi/internet for the wireless devices in my house a couple of desktops and 2 laptops (one macbook one windows vista),

I'm using my macbook running 10.5 leopard as a wireless to ethernet bridge to a game console, an Xbox 360 The macBook is connected to the Xbox via ethernet cable. I'm using Internet Sharing to share with macBook's wifi connection (as my xbox is to far away to be wired to my router and im to cheap to buy a wireless adapter for it). The rest of my network, including the macBook, is in the 192.168.1.x range, while the Xbox hanging off the macBook's is on 192.168.2.x range, router set as 192.168.2.1 (the macbook), all manually assigned. This works fine for connecting to Xbox Live, , but is causing some problems for me in being able to find my vista desktop and laptops media centre extenders.

All I want to do is use the macbook as a wireless to ethernet BRIDGE (like in windows). No 192.168.2.X rubbish . as no other computers are on the 192.168.2.X range they are on 192.168.1.X .

Seems like I should be able to do this, but after some digging, I can't figure out how. any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers:)

2. IzzyJG99 macrumors 6502

Just buy the 100 dollar WiFi Adapter for your Xbox 360. S'the only real option that works well.

3. Rylander85uk macrumors newbie

There is a fix for this as i have done it. go to this page

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8300945231/m/820003898831

read the entries made by wilmo. there are several and he updates the fix further down the page. also the advice about making your IP address for your Ethernet card in your mac fixed. (which was the same for tiger)

any problems post back and I'll try and talk you through it. :)