Leopard/iPhoto question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tchaap, Jul 3, 2008.

1. tchaap macrumors member

I have Leopard upgrade disc that I have just not got around to installing...primarily because everything I do runs so well on MBP w/ Tiger.

However, my niece just got a new MB w/ leopard and as I was playing with it I noticed that iphoto shows up in the directory for selecting your screen savers and/or desktop photos.

Mine doesn't do this and it has always bugged me. I copy photos out of iPhoto and put them in the Pictures folder if I want to put them on as a desktop wallpaper or screensaver. Also, I have to do this if I want to upload photos to Snapfish, Flickr, etc.

Am I missing some type of setting in Tiger or is this a feature in Leopard that will finally make me upgrade?

Thanks!!!!

2. tchaap thread starter macrumors member

3. mahoneyjoe macrumors newbie

Are you sure; I'm on 10.4.11 and I've got iPhoto in the side bar for both desktop and screensaver.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

It may depend on what version of iLife he has.

5. DARKJ3DI macrumors regular

DARKJ3DI

yeah, i know that iLife '08 does it on my leopard macbook. Not sure about iLife '06 though...

6. tchaap thread starter macrumors member

I've got iPhoto 08 and 10.4.11

This is driving me crazy!!!

7. mahoneyjoe macrumors newbie

I've got iPhoto 06 with 10.4.11
    In iPhoto 06 you can make an image your wallpaper with the push of a button; there's a desktop button that can be added to the toolbar under View>View in Toolbar; if thats any help.

8. mahoneyjoe macrumors newbie

iPhoto 6.0.6; maybe you need to update?
    I've also in the last month or two run the combo update on my system prior to installing Office 08; may have made a difference; I don't know how long I've had access to iPhoto in the screen saver/desktop sidebar.