Leopard is AMAZING...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Lucascsula, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Lucascsula macrumors regular

Well! For my birthday today, my father bought me Leopard. I was VERY nervous at first to upgrade. I took a deep breath and clicked on Upgrade. WHAT A KILLER OS!!!! It runs so FAST. I honestly thought Tiger was quick.

Anyways, no problems here! Updated and everything. All smooth...

Time to play around...

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Make sure you update to 10.5.2, it fixes an issue with Stacks not working the way Apple intended (no List view option, no custom icons).:)

Other than that, enjoy Leopard! I love the new Quick Look feature the most. Saves me a ton of time.

3. Pees330 macrumors 6502

Leopard is a great OS. I could not live without Quicklook now that I have it. It's such a useful tool. I'm also starting to use Spaces a lot more and I love it.

4. Lucascsula thread starter macrumors regular

Yup! I updated to 10.5.2. Still smooth. I encourage people to upgrade!

5. cherrybomb macrumors regular

cherrybomb

I've got leopard just sitting here, and really want to upgrade, but I currently have a big freelance project, and want to finish that first before I go ahead. I don't want any programs to stop working.

6. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

10.5.2 came at just the right time. I was almost ready to go back to Tiger (not really, but yeah). Apple really perfected Leopard with 10.5.2, but there's still one issue: THOSE FUGLY AQUA SCROLL BARS AND BUTTONS!!!

Seriously, they look so out of place in Leopard for some reason, or is it just me.

7. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

Leopard is subtly awesome - it doesn't hit you in the face, but you use it for a couple of weeks then realise you can't go back.

I still think it could be a bit better, but I guess that will improve in time. Spaces isn't that great for me and there are a few features that are still a bit fiddly. But yes, programs run FAST on here, even Serato!!

8. kevo0822 macrumors 6502

I can't find it right now, but there was a thread a few months ago about the aqua scrollbars and someone figured out how to get the iTunes esque scrollbars to show up in every app in leopard. I'll try and find it later, but that sounds like smething you'd like. I haven't had an aqua scrollbar since then.

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Every machine I build or upgrade to 10.5 has these iTunes scrollbars, much nicer:

http://www.simplehelp.net/2007/11/2...in-os-x-leopard-to-the-new-gray-itunes-style/

10. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

Quicklook and Spaces have become essential to me, helps me from getting distracted when doing schoolwork and keep an nice big Logic window open when recording (putting my mixer and piano roll windows in other Spaces).

Also I like the dock better (I use the 2-d dock in Leopard). Looking back on the Tiger dock the 2-D Leopard dock just looks so much cleaner.

I had almost forgotten about the scroll bars, I changes the system bars over to the iTunes style almost immediately after getting Leopard. There is a thread on it somewhere in this forum, it is easy to do and changes the look dramatically.

I have only one problem and that is that whenever I go to shutdown/reboot, I have to force quit Mail almost every time. Not too big a deal since I only shut down about once a week, but it would be nice to see this fixed.

11. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Personally, I like the aqua scrollbars a lot better than the iTunes scroll bar. But I do agree, the aqua stuff just isn't made for leopard. Did you change your color settings by any chance? I have my on graphite, so it blends in a little bit better than the bright blue.

12. kevo0822 macrumors 6502

No, I used basically the same directions that are on the website that SkyBlue posted three posts above. Although I do agree that changing to the graphite theme makes the scrollbars blend in more, I still think the iTunes scrollbars are WAYYY better. But that's just my opinion.