Leopard is croaking and need tips troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kitki83, Jul 28, 2008.

1. kitki83 macrumors 6502a

I was working on some documents, and reformatting my back up external HD to redo Carbon Copy Cloner, this is where the problem started (alsotried booting without external but its still funky). Sometimes the top toolbar or my desk icons will not show the icon art but the text. I cannot open any programs just get an error message " "dull cannot be open because it can be corrupted or missing. I cannot open any of my drives. I tried permission repairs x2, FSCK and booting off external HD that I tried to delete but it lead me to my original OS. Also when my crash happened I got two errors SMCfancontrol and that beta program that syncs files online to any computer crashed. That's about the best I can explain my problem hope someone can give me some light.

Ps. I do have a second account is there a way to load log in since I am auto log in mode. Might be just an account issue (If thats the case how can i fix the admin)

2. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

As you have a backup boot from the Install DVD and try an ARCHIVE INSTALL. It will preserve all your user data but will replace the system files.