Leopard is running on a public computer lab

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ppc_michael, Aug 26, 2007.

1. ppc_michael Guest

ppc_michael

I stumbled across a computer lab that has 10.5 Leopard installed on two of its computers(!!). Definitely 10.5 and not a bunch of skins/plugins, because About This Mac confirmed it. Of course it must be a developer build, and it was probably the first one because it was before the dock got that "crosswalk" separator thing.

I'm pretty sure this is illegal?

Anyhoo, so I finally got to use Leopard and to be honest, it's not that huge of a change from 10.4 so there wasn't a lot to WOW me. The different Finder look was about the biggest change in usability, which isn't huge.

Also, the little blue "gem" thing that now appears in the dock for active applications instead of the little black arrow was VERY hard to see, I thought.

Anyhoo, enough with my complaining, that wasn't the point. Just seems very illegal that they have this running publicly on two computers!

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

VERY illegal. I'm wondering if a staffer at the lab did it, or if they just don't have those computers locked down well enough to prevent a student from installing a new OS.

3. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

OMG scan-duh-lous!!!!!11!!11one

Someone's gonna get a nice whooping from Apple's ninjas. :rolleyes:

4. 150hp macrumors regular

Where? A university or high school or?

Just wondering No specifics needed.

5. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

thewhitehart

Google Maps link with directions from 42 St. and Vanderbuilt Ave. would be appreciated. In a timely manner, please. :D

6. ppc_michael thread starter Guest

ppc_michael

University.

7. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

A university is a breeding ground for media piracy. Not saying it's legal and should be condoned but it's a reality.

we've got 25 000 at my school ranging from undergrads to Ph.D's --- with the departments being able to by licensing CHEAP software gets out like MAD

8. ppc_michael thread starter Guest

ppc_michael

Definitely the IT staffer. The labs have been closed all summer and he thinks he's some sort of "hacker" or something. I dunno.

9. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

From my personal experience with leopard they would have had to of been there for quite some time. It too two hours for 9a499 to install for me.

10. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1C28 Safari/419.3)

I think that's funny

It shouldn't take two hours to install though

11. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

How do you know its not one of their Beta testers.

What better way to find bugs than to actually let people use it. That's what MS does...