Leopard is sloppy

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aeaglex07, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

going on current experience (granted it isnt much) Leopard was definitely rushed to the market...kinda like Tiger was.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

This might be the most content-less thread-starter I've seen on MacRumors that wasn't spam. Some details or elaboration would be nice, OP, as that's a rather strong claim and you provide no justification.

3. weaverra macrumors regular

Yeah so sloppy that people are having to find and nit pick at Leopard.:eek:

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

No reports of self destructing FW drives yet, so it cannot be worse than some of the other releases. :p

5. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

All major news sources that reviewed Leopard said it was solid. I think your lack of experience is closer to zero experience. I'll guess you are.... 14 years old?

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

There are problems...

-lots of apps quit on start up, take a few launches to work (Colin Mcrae Demo, iTunes, Mail...)
    -Finder restarts a lot for me

but that's all I have found.

7. Nick12945 macrumors regular

Age has nothing to do with experience.

8. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

That's what she said?

Anyway, I haven't had any problems with Leopard so far with Apple apps. Sometimes in Firefox hyperlinks dont open when I click on them, and Time Machine seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time to backup things initially. Other than that it's fine.

9. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

its a .0 release...

by .1/2 it should be fine.

Its been that way with all OS X releases. Trust me, its better than what 10.0 was... that was such a dog! Networking was a nightmare.

I have to admit though, other than a few software/plugin issues, its a solid piece of software.

10. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

As they spent 30 months mainly refining OSX (of the 300 new features, none are really that groundbreaking, and many could be achieved with 3rd party products) its a pity that there have been so many problems...I won't be updating until at least some of the many broken apps that I use work...

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's not that they're groundbreaking, never heard of features, it's that they're implemented in such a way by Apple that makes them work extremely well and are user friendly. For example...Spaces. Virtual desktops have been around for ages, but I've found other virtual desktop implementations on the other OSes and 3rd party software clunky. Time Machine...backups have been around forever. But backing up, and then restoring said backup was always a lengthy, manual, cumbersome process. Time Machine backs up in the background at set intervals without you needing to do anything. And you don't need to look through a million archives to restore a file that was backed up.

12. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Yeah, I've only updated the PB... waiting for software updates before I do the MP and MB

13. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

That was the initial release of Tiger (10.4). FileVault also had a tendency to hose files IIRC.

I was sure to take a full backup, as always, before playing with this kitty cat ;)

The 10.5 OS seems pretty solid to me so far after a day hacking with it. App compatibility is the acid test though, and it looks like there's some work to do there. Doesn't help that Apple made the stupid decision not to seed the GM to developers. A lose-lose situation.

14. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Programs are restarting a lot on me as well. Mainly Safari and Preview. Yahoo Messenger doesn't even work. But that's Yahoo's lazy fault.

15. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Ohhh just let the thread die....it is just troll bait.

16. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

sloppy reportage

At least give us some details.

17. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

Surely you mean Panther? The Oxford 922 bridge chip-set issue.

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

enough - there are plenty of threads discussing Leopard

D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.