leopard isn't fully compatible with certain MONITOR!!??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AsianGIRLpure, Sep 3, 2008.

1. AsianGIRLpure macrumors member

I got a velocity w220 monitor a couple of days ago.....

But after i hooked it with my MBP. the monitor only can be used as EXTENDED Desktop, in other words.... I can drag some items, applications or windows to the monitor, which doesn't make significant differences comparing to a normal monitor at this point, i can live with that. But, still, i want some help to see if i can somehow solve this problem to operate smoothly.

PS: If i use windows OS, i can hook MBP with the monitor seamlessly. So, my thought this problem could possibly come down to the OS issue. :(

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

What exactly do you want to do?

Show the same desktop on the external monitor as you on your built-in screen? That should simply require turning off Extending the desktop in the Monitors Preference Pane, as most of the time Extending is the default (you may also be able to use F7 to switch between Extended and Mirrored modes.

Use the external Monitor instead of the built-in? Simple connect a keyboard and mouse to the MBP, close the lid, then once it is sleeping, tap a key on the keyboard and the computer will wake up and use only the external monitor.

TEG

3. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

I think I know what you mean, you want your new Monitor to be your main, and the MBP monitor to be secondary. It's an easy fix.

Go to your Display Preferences, then click arrangement. You'll see a side-by-side layout of your two displays. The one for your MBP will have a white bar at the top of it, just click and drag that to your external.

Voila, your MBP is now the secondary monitor.

Picture 1.png