Leopard Issues, Revert Back to Tiger, Bouncing Dock

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RoyalHockey, Jun 20, 2007.

1. RoyalHockey macrumors newbie

I obtained the recent developer-beta of Leopard given out at the recent WWDC and just installed it on my week old Santa-Rosa MBP.

Aside from the great new features, I noticed several issues such as the fact that my MBP ran unusually hot compared to when it ran Tiger. I also had issues with some graphics, such as the strange pixilation sometimes. Finally, I noticed a greater hesitance to awake the notebook from sleep.

I decided last night to revert back to Tiger, to much success. The only problem now is when I attempt to open applications such as Photo Booth or even System Preferences, the application just bounces on the dock once and ceases to open without notification. So far I have obviously restarted and ran the disk utility, all to no avail.

Any ideas on how to get my brand new machine back into prime shape, running tiger?

Thank you all.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Did you wipe the drive and start all over? Or just reinstall Tiger? I'm really not sure how to get it back to working order, but I just have to say I would have not put a developer copy on my brand new SR MBP.

3. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

Restore your hard drive from the backup you made before installing Leopard... ;)

OK, I know, I know, you didn't make one. Seriously, you should always do that before installing beta software, especially something like an OS beta.

You might need to do a fresh install of OS X and the other apps. Just save any documents or other user files you have made over the past week. At least you only had it for a week, so how much extra stuff could you have put on it?

I remember my iBook came with a restore DVD that would put all the original apps back on the computer. Did yours come with something like that? It had all the iLife stuff and other apps that were installed on it when I got it.

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I'm just curious as to how you "obtained" Leopard.did you attend the WWDC ?

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

A clean reformat should sort out your problems.

I'm also curious as to how you got it, surely a developer would have tried a reformat...

6. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

What is there to be curious about? He got it from the leaked torrent.

7. czeluff macrumors 6502

one out?

he could also have been given one. I got 3 copies of Leopard from WWDC: mine, my uncles (he had no need for a beta), and his secretaries (who also doesnt need a beta).

8. Sbrocket macrumors 65816

Sbrocket

Just curious, with this copy of Leopard that you "obtained"...did you also enter your actual registration information? Haha...Maybe natural selection applies in the realm of computers too?

Ok ok, how exactly did you revert back to Tiger? In the first place you shouldn't install such an early beta on a production-level machine, especially over the main OS. That's just asking for trouble. The best course of action with something like this is usually to find a small external drive and install the beta OS on there so that, at very least, any potential damage to the main OS could be minimized.