Leopard Killed Bluetooth In Address Book???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by markwiggs, Mar 13, 2008.

1. markwiggs macrumors newbie

Without stating the obvious or risking sounding stupid, is it at all possible to install the older version of address book from Tiger in Leopard would this work....?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Last time I checked it was a setting in the Preference file. Why do you need bluetooth in Address Book, just use iSync.

TEG

3. markwiggs thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah isync works sweet for me to sync contacts and things, but the version of address book it Tiger allowed us to connect to our phones via bluetooth and then txt people straight addressbook

4. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi,

I tried to run the Tiger Address Book in Leopard and it would just give me a error message, that it couldn't be used with "this version of Mac OS X". Maybe there are some hacks or something, but I depend to much on Address Book to screw it up.

I started to use Skype to send SMS messages. For me, it's even cheaper as with my mobile.

Hope this was helpful.

/Rupert

5. grumbler macrumors member

Yep Apple killed Address book's BT support because it wouldn't work with iPhone, and Apple couldn't have that now could they :(

6. icsedge1 macrumors member

icsedge1

so uh...if i wanted to say, Bluetooth the 120 contacts i have in Address Book to my new Blackberry Pearl (8130, Sprint) there is no way i can do it anymore?

7. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

8. icsedge1 macrumors member

icsedge1

ok, i see that, but all i am trying to do is get them (the contacts) into the phone, via ecard or something. grrrr....

9. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Ok, then iSync is what you want to use. Take a look at this post over at Mac Kindergarten for setting up a connection between your bluetooth phone and your Mac.