Leopard Logs Out After Wakeup From Sleep?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kevo0822, Oct 27, 2007.

1. kevo0822 macrumors regular

So I've been having an issue with Leopard where I'll wake my computer up from sleep (sometimes it's not even in sleep yet... just has the display turned off) and it'll show my desktop for about 10 seconds, and then it'll just log out. Not just a quick "type your password then your desktop will show up again" but a full log out.

Anyone else in the same boat?

2. markcres macrumors 6502

markcres

At least you got your machine to 'wake up'. I left my MAC alone while I went to open a bottle of wine... a couple of hours later and it had gone to sleep..so I tapped the keyboard and clicked the mouse but absolutely nothing....pressed the power button momentarily..but still my MAC slumbered. Had to do a hard reset and on reboot it said it had failed unexpectedly and created a crash report to send to Apple.

The wine was nice though.....!

3. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

Both sleep and wake seem a lot slower for me in Leopard.........

4. Bozola macrumors regular

System Preferences -> Security -> General.

Make sure that the logout after xx activity button is NOT checked.

5. Starsmac macrumors newbie

Every time I've clicked on sleep my mac just shuts down when I wake it up. This also just happened when It went to sleep with screen saver.

6. Deej macrumors regular

I would have thought forum users would have known the difference between MAC and Mac by now.

You *use* a Mac.

Your network card has a MAC address.

:rolleyes:

7. Starsmac macrumors newbie

The logout is not checked. Any other suggestions?

8. sstoy macrumors newbie

Mine shuts down too

I have the same problem. I am running a 2005 ibook g4 1.33mhz with 1.5gb of ram. when i close the lid my computer just shuts down, when i open it, i have to hit the power key and it reboots, THEN i get an error message saying leopard unexpectedly quit and asks me to send an error report. THEN my computer spends the next half hour running 100% cpu with mds and mdworker, even though my spotlight has already been indexed. and don't even get me started on how bad mail sucks with gmail imap integration. any help from anyone on how to stop the crashing and the indexing would be great. also anyone have any idea how to do something like spotless on 10.5, i don't need spotlight to index my music which is the vast majority of my file space as well as the most intense interms of metadata. if i uncheck the box in spotlight set up will it stop it from even looking at those files every time it reindexes?

9. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Sounds like disc issues or other problems in your computer, not the OS.

10. sscott macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro also crashed on wake every time after my the upgrade until I unplugged my Logitech laser mouse. The mouse works fine during regular operation but if it is plugged in when my Mac goes to sleep, I am rebooting.

11. sscott macrumors newbie

My MacBook Pro also crashed on wake every time after my the upgrade until I unplugged my Logitech laser mouse. The mouse works fine during regular operation but if it is plugged in when my Mac goes to sleep, I am rebooting.

12. fsck3r macrumors newbie

fsck3r