Leopard Mail and Aperture

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NomadicTy, Nov 10, 2007.

1. NomadicTy macrumors regular

Leopard has this nifty new feature that allows you to pick an iPhoto or Aperture pic from inside a composition window. I did notice that some of my photos are showing up with ? icon in this "attach" window. I checked Aperture and the photos are still in the projects they are supposed to be. One thing I did realize is that those photos that are coming up with the ? icon were moved from one project to another. Is anybody else having an issue with the Leopard Mail attach photo feature, and Aperture photos moved from one project to another?

I'm new to Aperture, so is what I did a no-no? I thought I was being smart by first moving the photos from one project to another, and then moving the albums they were in to the destination project.

Thanks!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Did you turn off automatic generation of previews or delete the previews for those images. Pretty much all external application access to the Aperture library requires previews.

3. NomadicTy thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think I deleted the previews. I look at Preferences and it is turned on. Would you happen to know how to get Aperture to recreate those previews?

Thanks!

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Not on my Mac right now, but I think you can just right click on the image in the browser and choose generate preview...

OK, there are a few options! Read here

5. NomadicTy thread starter macrumors regular