Leopard Mail.app and IMAP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rykwon97, Oct 26, 2007.

1. rykwon97 macrumors newbie

I am having a strange problem with the new mail.app in leopard and my IMAP server of my university. I set all the setting the same but it acts very strange with the downloaded messages. If the message is moved from the inbox, it will download the message multiple times. Also, it fails to act like an IMAP inbox but syncing messages that are read and/or deleted. Sort of acting like a one-way sync getting messages from the server but never reporting the changes back. I have it setup in entourage and thunderbird but would prefer to use mail.app.

2. nerdhunter macrumors newbie

My IMAP messages are not being downloaded. I'll stick to Thunderbird for now.

3. naftalim macrumors 6502

I'm using Gmails IMAP to my Apple Mail and it works fine. Without being sure, it seems like your mail is not remaining on the IMAP server. Just a guess.

4. rykwon97 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only thing I can think of is that the new mail.app does not like the IMAP server for the University. I know there has been other reports of mail/server issues but not exactly as I am seeing them. The messages are indeed on the server as I have three computers checking the same IMAP account and everything works fine. In fact, if I use thunderbird/entourage on the same leopard computer they work fine, only mail is having a problem. I am not well versed in this area but it appears that mail forgets to "call-back" the server and let it (and in turn the other computers) that a message has been deleted or read. Guess I will have to wait for an update. When does 10.5.1 come out anyway? HAHA!