Leopard Mail & Certificates

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Iso79, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Iso79 macrumors member

Every time I open Mail to check my email it keeps asking me to verify my certificates for all my email accounts except gmail and every time I check the always trust check boxes and made sure the always trust is selected in the drop-downs, but for some reason every time I open Mail, the same certificate verification pop-ups keeps popping up! Is there anyway to disable these or is it a bug?

2. Yuppi macrumors regular

Yuppi

I had this problem when I used the tiger-mail client. But now in leopard this problem finally was solved. The problem in my case was that the certificate was self signed without a CA.
    Maybe your certificate was expired or invalided in another way (like using the wrong host name to connect).

3. Iso79 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah they have expired Feb, 2007. How do I renew them?

4. analog macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem now as well.
    Every time I launch mail it asks me to verify the certificate, even though I have changed it to always accept. It will even say the certificate is trusted, but ask me to verify.
    Any help would be much appreciated. I didn't start having this problem until I updated to 10.5.1 and added 2 new mailboxes.

thanks

5. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

6. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I have this problem when Mail checks for new messages. Not sure if it started with Leopard's Mail.app or when I got Gmail IMAP setup (they happened about the same time). It's like it will randomly pick one of my accounts (two IMAP and two POP) and tell me the certificate is bad. Happens so many times a day I'm starting to get pretty mad.

7. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

I solved this problem a few days ago. When the dialog box pops up, click on either the little triangle (if there is one) or the button on the left (i forgot which) and some more options will come up. It's in there somewhere.

Sorry I can't be more specific.

8. big_malk macrumors 6502a

I have the same problem in Mail and Safari.

I've checked the checkbox to say always trust, when I expand the triangle things it says it's marked as trusted for all users, yet EVERY time I still have to tell it to continue.

It's pretty annoying because I have to work with about 3 website that do this every day, and have about 3 accounts in Safari that do this, so I have to re-tell it to trust these certificates about 10 times a day.

Is there nothing that can sort this??