Leopard Mail not moving messages to Trash

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by agentphish, Mar 3, 2008.

1. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Hello-

I am not personally having the problem, and I've not seen this before.

My Aunt and Uncle have a 24" iMac bought in September 07.
    I installed Leopard for them this weekend.

They emailed me today told me that they where getting an "Undelete" button in mail now, which they had not had in Tiger. I haven't ever seen an Undelete button in my own use of Mail either (I currently use Leopard as well)

So I was looking at the settings for mail on their machine via Remote Desktop. I seemed to be able to fix the Delete button switching to Undelete problem, however if you press the delete button on a message now, the message disappears from their inbox, but doesn't go to the Trash in Mail...

The trash folder remains empty, then if you click back on the inbox after going to look at trash, the message is back in the inbox!? WTF??

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks.

2. mediumofmeaning macrumors member

could it possibly have something to do with the way the server is treating the deleted messages (deleting them immediately, assuming imap)?

3. agentphish thread starter macrumors 65816

agentphish

I don't believe Comcast email supports IMAP but i could be wrong, though the mail account is not set up as IMAP to my knowledge (I set it up back in october)

It's really the strangest thing I've ever seen.
    I didn't even know there was a such thing as an "undelete" button in mail.

I've tried every option I can find within mails settings that has to do w/ trashing messages, or saving them on the server or what have you.

I really need some suggestions here.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89