Leopard Mail Stationery

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mmcneil, Oct 27, 2007.

1. mmcneil macrumors regular

I found where it is stored, created some of my own, but it isn't intuitive and certainly not fool proof

The basic templates are stored here:

/Library/Application Support/Apple/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resources/

Each sub directory has a TableOfContents.plist and each stationery has a UID.

The first thing I did was copy the /Library/Application Support/Apple/Mail/Stationery/Apple directory to /Library/Application Support/Apple/Mail/Stationery/Mine. This resulted in two of everything.

I have been experimenting with one of the Photos templates and had some success. The file content.html has the basic html, however I have had mixed success replacing the default photos. Apple has created some magic that I don't understand. I replace the three files placeholderX.jpg with three of my own, the result was good for two, but it went off and found a completely different picture for the third.

This is clearly a great opportunity for an application to create stationery.

2. stationery8 macrumors newbie

Re:

Thanks for sharing this. Can i use it using netbeans?

3. ScooterSchalk macrumors newbie

Hi
    I have followed the pathe below, but can't see any of the existing mail stationary files? Only the custom file I created.

I want to modify an existing stationary as it seems to be the only way to use stationary and being able to attach documents.

Any help please.

/Library/Application Support/Apple/Mail/Stationery/Apple/Contents/Resources/